Cumberland County Law Firm
Experienced, Reasonable and Effective Representation
My name is Gregory Byrd, and I am criminal defense attorney. I have been helping local residents and military personnel at Fort Bragg for more than 19 years. My law office is located in Fayetteville, and I spend some portion of nearly every day at court — in either traffic court, district court or federal court in Cumberland County.
Most of my work is in criminal defense for DWI/DUI and other offenses, but I also represent clients with employment discrimination issues and personal injuries due to accidents. I am a solo practitioner, which means I am the only lawyer at my law firm. When you hire me as your attorney, you and I will talk about all your options and together we will decide on a plan of action.
My Pledge to Clients
As a small law firm, I am able to offer my clients the experience they need at a price they can afford. Here is my pledge to my clients:
- Personal attention — There is no question you should be hesitant to ask me.
- Prompt attention — I return all my phone calls before I leave work at the end of the day.
- Emergency attention — If the case requires it, I will work after hours as needed.
- Full attention — I have a handful of clients at any one time, not hundreds, so each client gets my full attention.
- Experienced advice — I’ve been practicing law for more than 15 years and feel confident that I can provide you with wise advice and strong legal representation.
- Local experience — I am in court in Fayetteville nearly every day and am familiar with the local idiosyncrasies of the Cumberland County court system.
States Are Cracking Down Nationwide
Since 9/11, the states have been working hard to coordinate their information and link their computer systems. North Carolina is linking, as never before, to other state databases. What does this mean for you?
Old offenses, unserved warrants and probation violations can show up in your home state as well as in North Carolina. Cumberland County was an initial test participant in NC Aware. This is a computer program that makes it easier for law enforcement to locate and serve old warrants.
Failure to appear in court for a traffic offense will show up in your home state or on your auto insurance. Cases from North Carolina can sometimes take years to show up, and when they do, they can affect your home state driving privileges, and cause problems relating to employment, job security, security clearance, and background checks just to name a few.
When you leave Fort Bragg, you are not necessarily leaving your misdemeanors behind.
Byrd Is the Word for Your Legal Needs — Call 800-793-1962
Whether you are a local Fayetteville resident or are stationed at Fort Bragg, I can help you with your DWI or other criminal defense, personal injury or employment legal issue. Call my Fayetteville law office, or contact me online, and we’ll get started on your case.